Ecology is Our Middle Name
Sustainability is an important part of our philosophy. In our personal lives as well as in our business, we care about our impact on the planet. We consider the environmental impact of every decision we make while we strive to increase efficiency and reduce waste.
Here are some of the ways Treecology works to minimize our ecological footprint.
- We use B99 biodiesel fuel in our work truck.
- We support PGE's Clean Wind Power program.
- We use energy efficient appliances and fixtures.
- We minimize paper use, and buy post-consumer recycled content paper products printed with soy-based ink when we need them.
- We use chippers to get rid of tree debris rather than burning it, which also yields a useful byproduct – wood chip mulch.
- We recycle our used oil.
- We also recycle as much paper, metal, and plastic as possible.
- We work with companies who re-purpose cut down urban trees, turning logs into furniture.
- We buy in bulk whenever possible.
- Our uniform shirts are made in the USA from organic cotton and water based inks.
And last but not least:
- We plant more trees than we cut down - every year.
You can help. To sign up for paperless communication, please click here to send us your email address.